Respite Care is a term describing “rest or relief” from caregiving duties. Our Homecare Program uses professional and volunteer caregivers to provide in-home respite care (a break for caregivers) and also support services for any seniors who may need extra assistance to remain in their homes.
- Volunteers can provide grocery shopping, run errands, do light housekeeping, business help or simply offer friendly visits and telephone reassurance.
- Our professional caregivers provide more intensive caregiving and housecleaning services. They can remain in the client’s home for a longer period of time than a volunteer.
- Our rate for a professional caregiver is modest. Those that need help paying for their care may receive assistance through a grant from the Older Americans Act. Restrictions apply, so please discuss this with our Program Director.
- All volunteers and staff are carefully screened, bonded, insured, and have passed a CBI background check.
- A satellite office is located in Aurora that serves the South Metro area.
- Caregiver support groups meet monthly in Thornton and Aurora.