The PetVet Fund assists aging adults to care for their family pet by providing funds needed to meet the costs pet services. We know that our pets are family and beloved companions, but sometimes we need a little help in meeting their needs in addition to our own.
In order to qualify for this program, the following criteria must be met:*
- Must enroll in the program by completing the application (contact Mary Stewart for the application)
- The pet owner has not utilized this service in the last year.
The Senior Hub will take the following information into account before providing reimbursement:
- There is need and available grant funds.
- The veterinary visit was for pet services.
- The owner must presents a record/ invoice from a licensed veterinarian of pet care costs as required by the grant guidelines.
*A maximum of $250 of pet services will be reimbursed to an enrolled pet owner, this allotment is only awarded once to the pet owner within the calendar year. The enrolled pet owner is responsible for the initial payment of veterinary care expenses. Reimbursements are not guaranteed, and are subject to available grant funds, and are intended for emergency medical pet services.