The PetVet Fund assists aging adults to care for their family pet by providing funds needed to meet the costs of unplanned, emergency pet services. We know that our pets are family and beloved companions but sometimes we need a little help in meeting their needs in addition to our own. The following criteria and policies exist to qualify for PetVet funding:
- Pet owners must complete an application and be enrolled in the program to receive pet fund reimbursements.
- Reimbursements are provided based on need and available grant funds.
- The enrolled pet owner is responsible for the initial payment of veterinary care expenses, must present a record/ invoice from a licensed veterinarian of pet care costs as required by the grant guidelines.
- A maximum of $250 of emergency pet services will be reimbursed to an enrolled pet owner, this allotment is only awarded once to the pet owner within the calendar year.
- Reimbursements are not guaranteed, and are subject to available grant funds, and are intended for emergency medical pet services.