Respite Care is a term describing “rest or relief” from caregiving duties. Our Homecare Program uses professional and volunteer caregivers to provide in-home respite care (a break for caregivers) and also
- Volunteers can provide grocery shopping, run errands, do light housekeeping, business help or simply offer friendly visits and
- Our professional caregivers provide more intensive caregiving and housecleaning services. They can remain in the client’s home for a longer period of time than a volunteer.
- Our rate for a professional caregiver is modest. Those that need help paying for their care may receive assistance through a grant from the Older Americans Act. Restrictions apply, so please discuss this with our Program Director.
- All volunteers and staff are carefully screened, bonded, insured, and have passed a CBI background check.
- A satellite office is located in Aurora that serves the South Metro area.
- Caregiver support groups meet monthly in Federal Heights, Brighton, and Aurora.
Caregiver Support Groups Schedule
Brighton Senior Center
2nd Thursday of the month, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Eagle View Adult Center
1150 Prairie Center Parkway
North Metro Caregivers Support Group
2nd Tuesday of the month, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
The Senior Hub
9025 Grant St #150
Thornton, CO 80229
Aurora Caregivers Support Group
2nd Friday of the month, 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
Morning Star Adult Day Center
1016 Boston Street
For more information or to volunteer for the Homecare Program…
North Metro/Brighton areas: Contact Mara Blake, Program Director, at 303-426-4408 X 212, or email@example.com.
Eastern Plains (I-70 Corridor): Contact Julie Hood, Program Coordinator, at 303-947-9935, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer caregivers for all service areas: call 720-859-2248, or email Johanna Glaviano at email@example.com.
Companion Care Program
Designed to help Metro North, Adams County and Aurora residents over 55 years of age caring for their pets.
- In-home assistance with pets: walking, bathing, brushing and cleaning
- Emergency pet food available
- Help with veterinary bills